Doesn't allow me to select .net updates

Doesn't allow me to select .net updates

Postby tuftet » 20.07.2012, 18:06

I'm using version 7.4 and on the WSUS Offline Update Installer the selections for .net are greyed out so I cannot select them. After the update when I run MBSA, it reports:
Issue: Windows Security Updates
Score: Check failed (critical)
Result: 4 security updates are missing. 2 service packs or update rollups are missing.
Security Updates
| MS12-025 | Missing | Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2656369) | Critical |
| MS11-078 | Missing | Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2572073) | Critical |
| MS12-016 | Missing | Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2633880) | Critical |
| MS11-044 | Missing | Security Update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2518864) | Critical |
I have selected "Include C++ Runtime Libraries and .NET Frameworks" on the WSUS Offline Generator.
I ran MBSA before doing the 7.4 update (from April, 2012) and these four .net updates were installed.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
tuftet

Re: Doesn't allow me to select .net updates

Postby boco » 21.07.2012, 02:39

Note that the ''Install .NET x.x'' selections in the Installer are only for the main installers. There are multiple reasons why the selection is greyed out:
1. The .NET installer of that version is not applicable to your system. For example, the .NET 3.5 cannot be selected on Windows 7 because it is already included.
2. The corresponding .NET installer is not included on the medium. Maybe it wasn't downloaded or excluded (see 1.).
3. If you already have that version installed on the target OS the selection is disabled.

The security updates for installed .NET packages are always installed, independently of the selection. As to why they are missing, please check the download logs if there were warnings or errors when downloading them (or if they were skipped due to the ''once a day'' rule).
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Re: Doesn't allow me to select .net updates

Postby aker » 21.07.2012, 08:48

You have got an x86 Windows xp or Server 2003 System, am I right?

So, did you install .net 3.5 sp1 using wsusou?
This might be the reason, why these Updates are listed now, because .net 3.5 replaces the Old versions with itselfs.
Just try to rerun wsusou Installer, and Post the Output of it. Maybe it says sth. like "file xxx Not found".
If wsusou installs Updates reboot and Start Installation again until the program says "nothing to do!"

If this does Not fix the probelm: Download the newest wsusscn2.cab and Save it in %temp%. Then Run the ./Cmd/listmissingupdateids.vbs and Post the missingupdateids.txt in temp
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating