DL DVD ISO

DL DVD ISO

Postby NathanG » 15.06.2011, 16:06

So I see that all the updates together make less than a GB over dual layer size, and that includes DEU updates and IE7, for example. Anyway to make a complete updater that leaves out superseded updates (like IE7 and dependencies) and DEU updates, and would fit on a DL disk?
NathanG

Re: DL DVD ISO

Postby aker » 16.06.2011, 13:24

Thats not what WSUSOU was created for.
It was created for downloading updates you want to install on one computer and install the needed Updates.
If you search an update pack look here.
The Page is in German, because I didn't find an English one. Sorry... :oops:
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 16.06.2011, 14:07

Hi!

Of course you can use a DL disc, but keep in mind USB media (e.g. large sticks).

RTW
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator

Postby NathanG » 16.06.2011, 14:17

To aker I use this to update PCs every day as a PC technician. Saves me a lot of time. It's my understanding that this is exactly what this software was intended for.

To the admin, thanks for your quick response. I have a USB drive, but I would prefer to use a CD, especially because of the file transfer slowness, and the fact we can burn a few copies at a time and lose them in our vehicles, and that's all good. I would like to see a feature or a list of updates that could be removed that will be obsolete by IE8 on XP or IE9 on Vista/7, also removing the DE/DEU updates. Is this possible? Maybe a feature in a future version (Make full DL disc iso)? :)
NathanG

Postby Denniss » 16.06.2011, 15:17

Denniss wrote:The only files you need to alter to remove german updates or language packs (all named StaticDownloadLlinks-target.txt):
dotnet
dotnet-x64-glb
dotnet-x86-glb
msse-x64-glb
msse-x86-glb
w60-x64-glb
w60-x86-glb
w61-x64-glb
w61-x86-glb

To remove some IE7 downloads you also need to alter the following files in the exclude directory:
ExcludeList-w2k3-x86.txt, ExcludeList-w2k3-x64.txt and ExcludeList-wxp-x86.txt
At the bottom of the file enter
Code: Select all
IE7-
as filter, followed by a carriage return.
Some 500+ MiB could be saved if you use the 5-language Servicepacks for Vista (english, german, french, spanish, japanese). There's a spefic file to execute in the \cmd subfolder, this changes some filenames in the static folder to enable this.
You could also use a separate installation medium for Office. 8about 1.5 GiB
Other options: do not include MSSE or Defender definition files (about 200 MiB)

A lot of guesswork is required to remove IE6 updates for wxp and w2k3 series as they are not named IE6-, same with IE7-updates for Vista/S2k8 and IE8-Updates for Win7/S2K8r2.
Denniss

Postby aker » 16.06.2011, 21:11

You can create an updatedisk with WSUSOU. Check for "create an ISO for all disributions" or something like that in the UpdateGenerator.
That will create an ISO in the .\iso directory of WSUSOU.
For removing DEU Updates look in .\static\*-glb.txt and remove all DEU lines.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating