Automatic Reboot & Recall not working?

Automatic Reboot & Recall not working?

Postby NuAngel » 13.04.2011, 14:50

I have had problems with with automatic reboot and recall with version 6.8.2. I've used it without a problem over the last two years, but this week I've had two different computers were the user gets created, but the system just sits at the logon screen - then, whenever I logon as the Administrator user (where I started the update process), I keep getting the command prompt box coming up with a wall of text in it as though there are still updates to install, even if I reboot 10 times. All I can do is manually remove the user account and delete the wsusoffline folder from the computer, in order to get it to stop coming up.

Sorry for being "your typical American" and not knowing any bit of German. ;) But any help is appreciated!

NuAngel
NuAngel

Re: Automatic Reboot & Recall not working?

Postby Gerby » 13.04.2011, 15:56

Hi NuAngel and welcome!

Take a look at the faq-enu.txt in the doc directory. There are few questions and answers about issues with automatic reboot. Hope those solutions help.

Greetz
Gerby

P.S.: This is a dual-language forum. So, no problem communicating English here. :)
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Postby NuAngel » 13.04.2011, 19:59

Unfortunately, the FAQ didn't help. I am using Windows XP and have, for the past few years, extracted the contents of the ISO file, using WinRAR, a folder (C:\wsusoffline-wxp-enu) then run the update from there. I have never run in to a problem except on the most recent two PC's I have tried this on (yesterday was the first time I've tried this since 6.8.2 was released).

Has anyone else had similar problems, just recently?

NuAngel
NuAngel

Postby Gerby » 13.04.2011, 21:15

NuAngel wrote:I am using Windows XP and have, for the past few years, extracted the contents of the ISO file, using WinRAR, a folder (C:\wsusoffline-wxp-enu) then run the update from there.

Though it doesn't have directly to do with your issue: Are you using a USB stick or an external drive for transporting the WSUS Offline updates? Why don't you just copy the client directory to your external drive and run the updates from there? I don't know the background, but this really sounds like a roundabout way of doing it.
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Return to Installation / Updating