Medium neither supports your Windows etc

Medium neither supports your Windows etc

Postby vmcreator » 16.11.2017, 21:06

Hi,

I have created an ISO with no log errors for Windows 2012 R2 Standard Version. The UpdateGenerator options I chose were "Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2 ( w63-x64 ) with x64 Global (multilingual updates ) selected.

I have tried both at my workplace and at my home PC and it fails when running UpdateInstaller from mounted ISO on Windows 2012 R2 Server.

ERROR: Medium neither supports your Windows nor your Office version.

Can anybody help please.

vmcreator
vmcreator

Re: Medium neither supports your Windows etc

Postby Dalai » 17.11.2017, 23:46

Welcome to the forum.

Can you please post the contents of C:\Windows\wsusofflineupdate.log (in CODE tags)?

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby aker » 18.11.2017, 00:45

And a screenshot of the root of the ISO.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby vmcreator » 18.11.2017, 11:24

Hi Dalai and Aker,

I think I have been misleading. What i did not understand was that when invoking the "UpdateInstaller" from the mounted ISO in vSphere W2K12 R2 VM. That one has to tick everything on the welcome GUI screen. I had assumed that the "UpdateInstaller" had already worked out/preconfigured ( with tick selections ) the cabs to be installed. When I ticked everything visible in the GUI it installed that I had selected which was mainly .NET etc.

I assume that due to the size of the ISO ( 3GB for me ) that all the updates had installed including Security Updates, although they are not presented on the GUI screen as a confirmation or selection ?

Doh.......... silly me

Regards

VMcreator
vmcreator

Postby Dalai » 18.11.2017, 16:28

It's not required to select/check anything in UpdateInstaller. With the checkboxes you can decide whether or not to install/update specified components like PowerShell, .NET, MSSE, RDP and so on. Security updates for Windows and .NET Framework will be installed regardless of any selection.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Return to Installation / Updating