Locked Out of My PC

Locked Out of My PC

Postby Capularis » 25.09.2016, 17:32

Last night I downloaded this program, ran the update and install steps, and selected the auto reboot and recall option. This morning when I come to my PC it's at a lock screen and the only account option is the WOUTempAdmin user. My normal admin account is no where to be found. I selected Other User and tried to type in my standard user admin name and password, but the computer is not recognizing my standard credentials. How do I get back into my PC with my credentials?

It's worth noting that I have been using the most current version of WSUS Offline. I am not super tech savy. I was having problems doing Windows updates, and I found this program on a tech forum. I also do not have a Windows install/boot disk.
Capularis

Re: Locked Out of My PC

Postby aker » 25.09.2016, 22:57

Could you try again? Be sure to check the CAPS-lock.
wsusou never changes existing accounts.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby bcnyyc » 25.10.2016, 21:48

The same thing happened to me. I am locked out of my PC from WSUS offline updates "other user" options, which is not my admin login. I only used this WSUSoffline app because Windows Update was frozen.

I booted up in safe mode, and chose "Repair PC" option. This allows you to login with your admin account. Following this, I selected a system restore point before installing WSUSoffline. Restore point wouldn't work, however, it did manage to let me log back in using my admin account.

good luck!
bcnyyc

Postby aker » 26.10.2016, 22:47

If you select "other user", you are able to enter your own login data.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby m4a2t0t » 27.10.2016, 01:22

Same issue. Everytime the PC reboots its try to auto login with the WOUTempAdmin account. There is no WOUTempAdmin account in the user accounts or the registry. How do I disable the auto login your program setup.
m4a2t0t

Postby m4a2t0t » 27.10.2016, 01:48

Running the CleanupRecall script in the Client/cmd directory fixed the issue.
m4a2t0t

Return to Installation / Updating