Other (custom) language update support

Other (custom) language update support

Postby miskomisko » 18.11.2013, 20:10

Hi all

great tool that wsus is :) i praise people behind. I tried it on my xp, it was slow finding out missing updates using 8.7.2, but i see changelog 8.8 and there is written to be better :) i look forward to that.

one think, hmm i dont know how to do, or maybe program does not support it up to now. I dont know. I have office 2010 slovak 32bit edition installed. And there is not such option. So i tried english one, but id did not succede. So i tried to run it manually from o2k10 in client directory. No success. Can you help me how to tell program that i want updates for slovak office 2010? is it possible?

If not is there plan to somehow add other languages (custom or fixed ones)? When slovak? :) thank you for reply and valuable information
miskomisko

Re: Other (custom) language update support

Postby aker » 18.11.2013, 22:35

faq-enu.txt wrote:Q: I have selected creating an Office update medium in my specific language, e. g. Russian. But there are patches in English language downloaded, too. Why is this?
A: Some patches in Microsoft's catalog wsusscn2.cab (package.xml) are language dependent, but others do only exist in English. The latter are patches for language-independent parts of Office and can be installed on non-English Office installation without any problems.
For that reason, there has been created an additional subdirectory named "glb" (global), besides the existing ones like "deu", "enu", "rus" etc. In the glb directory the dynamically determined patches are stored which only exist in English, no matter what language has been selected. In the case of Office 2003, the Service Packs for Project, Visio etc. which are in English will be filtered out when creating an update medium. This will save space.

As the faq says, the updates are general, so they should not cause problems, but the slovak could not be installed because the software does not support this language at the moment. Pleas manually install the service pack and try to use wsusou afterwards.
Last edited by aker on 18.11.2013, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It should be "package.xml" not "patchdata.xml"
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby miskomisko » 08.07.2014, 19:39

does not work, without this i have to download updates still using windows update :) aaaach :) i please god to implement it to your soft :))
miskomisko

Postby aker » 09.07.2014, 05:11

Which updates are missing?

wsusou will just install security relevant updates until you add static definitions (see .\doc\faq-enu.txt) for optional ones.
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=172
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Return to Installation / Updating