trunk update

trunk update

Postby negg » 23.05.2018, 09:22

Hi ive noticed for a while a little annoying bug even though it says its preserving my settings

When i use WSUSOU-Update to get latest beta i then have to rerun RemoveGermanLanguageSupport.cmd or it downloads the german versions of .net and ie11 however it says its saved me settings and recalled RemoveGermanLanguageSupport.cmd but still downloads the german files anyway!!!!

Any ideas why i have to manually run it after every update its also the same for a full stable release as well and i have to manually run this file
negg

Re: trunk update

Postby boco » 23.05.2018, 10:44

How do you update?

1. Manual update? Then yes, you need to re-run the scripts every update, as well as re-compile the EXEs.

2. Update tool by -Iwan-? In this case, a Mod should move this post into the appropriate Sticky above.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Re: trunk update

Postby negg » 23.05.2018, 14:15

I let the update program install all the files and then compile the exe then when running the new exe it says its preserving my custom settings or something like that...

It then enables office 64 bit support (though not asked for) and then removes all the German settings from windows 7 8 and 10 and from .net.

Then when i tell it to do full update of windows 7 8 and 10 and .net it downloads all the German files again. Then when i run that script it removes all the German settings and another rerun of the program it deletes all the German files. At the moment im using an 32gig usb 2 pen drive with e2b on it so its VERY VERY slow and time consuming if i forget to run the script before the update. Also only got about 1gig free so need the space :)

Is there away to get it to auto run the script so it removes the German files automatically?
negg

Return to Download