"Download of mkisofs tool failed" for w60 and w60-x64

"Download of mkisofs tool failed" for w60 and w60-x64

Postby DiZzyDMon » 09.02.2018, 15:58

I hope I'm not duplicating another topic, but when I search the forum for mkisofs I get "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: mkisofs." I can't imagine "mkisofs" is a common word. I've never heard of it until today.

I have a scripted process that uses WSUS Offline to download Microsoft updates. It examines the download log for each product, and counts the download as failed if it finds any instances of ' - Error: ' or ' - Warning: Download of '.

The script runs once a week on Fridays. In today's run of the script, the download logs for w60 and w60-x64 contain "Warning: Download of mkisofs tool failed". There are no other errors or warnings in the download logs for these products.

The download logs for all other operating systems have "Info: Downloaded/validated mkisofs tool".

When the script encounters a failure, it tries the failed product download one more time. The second tries for w60 and w60-x64 also failed the same way, with "Warning: Download of mkisofs tool failed".
DiZzyDMon

Re: "Download of mkisofs tool failed" for w60 and w60-x64

Postby aker » 10.02.2018, 00:15

Could you post a screenshot of the cmd-window showing the error?
Does the error still happen after the download succeded for another OS?
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby DiZzyDMon » 10.02.2018, 03:45

Figuring it might be some temporary problem with Microsoft, I waited half an hour, tried again.
The mkisofs problem was fixed, for all products: "Info: Downloaded/validated mkisofs tool"
But then the next download log line was "Error: File integrity verification failure", also for all products, after which the download process quits.

I've seen the "file integrity verification failure" before. Whenever that happens, I have to wipe out my entire existing wsusoffline folder, download a fresh copy, rebuild the folder, try again. I did that, ran my script again, and it succeeded for all products.
DiZzyDMon

Postby boco » 10.02.2018, 14:10

No, you only have to delete the contents of .\client\md\ when that happens.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Postby DiZzyDMon » 12.02.2018, 20:41

Thanks, "boco", I will give that a try next time.
DiZzyDMon

Return to Download