Questions about WSUS

Questions about WSUS

Postby x58haze » 14.02.2017, 02:09

Hello everyone first off excuse me for my poor English, i'm written from Venezuela

My question is, once this tool WSUS OFFLINE, get downloaded all updates in the folder client, GLB. How can i be sure of check for new updates? without to start downloading back the same updates?

What would happen if i have a client GLB sisze of 3gigas, and then I press UpgradeGenerator and select the same windows 10 x64 updates? as example, and press thick the same options

Example:

Folder client GLB already updates size 3.05 gigas

UpgradeGenerator ----> x64 Multilingual updates windows (10)

Options:
Verify Downloaded updates (selected)
Include Service Packs (selected)
Include C runtime librariers + frameworks (selected)

So what would happen if I press the button "starts" does it will deleted my old updates from GLB? or does it will try to aim for new updates?
Because suddenly my pc shutdown while it was downloading updates.. for my windows 10, Then when I turn on back my pc, I went to check the GLB size it was around 3.05 gigas
Now I started back the UPGRADEGENERATOR with the same options and seems that my GLB folders went from 3.05 gigas to 1.85 gigas :(, what does that mean? did this program starting to download the same updates over again? or it's simply fixing a bad update?

I'm really confuse :( sorry for my poor english..
x58haze

Re: Questions about WSUS

Postby Dalai » 14.02.2017, 16:09

x58haze wrote:So what would happen if I press the button "starts" does it will deleted my old updates from GLB? or does it will try to aim for new updates?

WSUS Offline will delete only those updates which are obsolete, superseded/replaced by newer ones. It will also download additional updates. So, no it will not dowload the whole thing again. You can check the progress while it's running, and what it did in wsusoffline\log\download.log file; every single download and delete action is logged there.

And, btw, this question has been asked a lot of times before.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Return to Download