win10 script host error during update

win10 script host error during update

Postby aaronc » 17.01.2017, 18:11

Ok hopefully this hasn't been asked, I tried to dig through the german posts to find out but google translate isn't the best tool for technical stuff. Feel free to point me at another post if this is a duplicate issue.

In my environment we have a NAS that holds the updater as well as the client folders, I've always mapped a drive to it and prior to upgrading my machine to windows 10 everything worked just fine. Since then whenever it runs I get "Microsoft Console Based Script Host has stopped working" when it tries to run the DetermineFileVersion.vbs script (first time is on sigcheck64). Thinking there may be an obscure cscript security limitation protesting running off a mapped drive, I put a clean new copy in a local folder and it still fails. I've had this same error occur on multiple windows 10 machines (that previous to upgrading were used to run the update).

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Aaron
aaronc

Re: win10 script host error during update

Postby aker » 18.01.2017, 07:53

How do you mount the drive? And how do you start wsusou (UpdateInstaller.exe, DoUpdate.cmd,...)?
Could you provide a screenshot of the error message(s)?
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby aaronc » 27.01.2017, 16:45

I map it in windows like usual, I think I originally did it via the command line. Also I'm sorry, I should have been more clear, it's not while installing updates, it's during the DownloadUpdates script.
Attachments
wsus-error.png
screen shot
(22.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet
aaronc

Postby aker » 27.01.2017, 22:46

I just moved the topic. Should be better placed in "Download".

Some permission problem with your TEMP-folder?
Any AV-software blocking the access to the files (we already had problems with PANDA and MSSE in the past)?
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby aaronc » 28.01.2017, 21:07

Thanks for helping, sorry for the confusion.

I just tried to it with my antivirus disabled making sure to run as administrator, same result either way.
aaronc

Postby Dalai » 28.01.2017, 21:51

Since we are talking about running the download part and network drives one thing immediately comes to my mind: access permissions on the share where WSUS Offline is located. Do you have write permissions there as a user?

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Return to Download