Download failure for w60-x64 glb

Download failure for w60-x64 glb

Postby FixingOldPCs » 22.12.2016, 06:41

I'm using a Win 10 x64 machine to try and grab Vista updates for an old computer in my basement (my wifi is crap and it would take forever to download them the other way).

This is what I get in the logs:

Cleaning up client directory for win glb...
Removing NTFS alternate data streams for win glb...

Extracting Microsoft's update catalog file package.xml...
Could Not Find C:\Users\addic\AppData\Local\Temp\package.cab
21:40:40.08 - Determining superseded updates (please be patient, this will take a while)...
Extracting file 1...
..\bin\gsort.exe: C:\Users\addic\AppData\Local\Temp\existing-bundle-revision-ids.txt: No such file or directory
Could Not Find C:\Users\addic\AppData\Local\Temp\existing-bundle-revision-ids.txt
Extracting file 2...
..\bin\gsort.exe: C:\Users\addic\AppData\Local\Temp\superseding-and-superseded-revision-ids.txt: No such file or directory
Could Not Find C:\Users\addic\AppData\Local\Temp\superseding-and-superseded-revision-ids.txt
Joining files 1 and 2 to file 3...
Extracting file 4...
..\bin\gsort.exe: C:\Users\addic\AppData\Local\Temp\BundledUpdateRevisionAndFileIds.txt: No such file or directory
Could Not Find C:\Users\addic\AppData\Local\Temp\BundledUpdateRevisionAndFileIds.txt
Joining files 3 and 4 to file 5...
Extracting file 6...
..\bin\gsort.exe: C:\Users\addic\AppData\Local\Temp\UpdateCabExeIdsAndLocations.txt: No such file or directory
Could Not Find C:\Users\addic\AppData\Local\Temp\UpdateCabExeIdsAndLocations.txt
Joining files 5 and 6 to file 7...
21:40:41.26 - Done.
Determining static update urls for w60-x64 glb...
A duplicate file name exists, or the file
cannot be found.
21:40:41.32 - Determining dynamic update urls for w60-x64 glb...

ERROR: Download failure for w60-x64 glb.

Any help please?
FixingOldPCs

Re: Download failure for w60-x64 glb

Postby aker » 22.12.2016, 21:16

Which version of wsusou do you use?
Any internal build?
Verification enabled or disabled?
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby Dalai » 22.12.2016, 22:48

@aker: Maybe it's that %TEMP% issue some people had a couple of months ago? Or maybe the archive (UpdateGenerator) was used without extracting the archive first?

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby hbuhrmester » 23.12.2016, 01:51

In the topic viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6007 , someone blamed Panda Antivirus and Malwarebytes Pro for blocking temporary files. The last messages in the screenshot download/file.php?id=346 seem to be similar, especially the message regarding duplicate files.

This may be a side effect of scanning the WSUS catalog file wsusscn2.cab: If this archive is fully expanded, it will create 64 smaller cab archives. Each of these 64 archives is expanded into thousands of small text files. Completely scanning the file wsusscn2.cab can lock up a virus scanner for hours. It works just like an archive bomb:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zip_bomb

The file package.xml may also be difficult to scan: it is quite large, but it is just a single line, without any line breaks. Some well known text editors like Notepad++ may fail to display such text files.

In the meantime, while a virus scanner is scanning a suspicious file, it should deny other applications access to that file. This will also prevent the download script from deleting temporary files.

Things to check:

• Is there any virus scanner running?
  • Are there any temporary files left in the Temp directory? This could be files like package.cab, package.xml, StaticDownloadLinks-*.txt, ValidStaticLinks-*.txt, DynamicDownloadLinks-*.txt and ValidDynamicLinks-*.txt.

Edit: corrected the names of the temporary files from StaticDownloadFiles-*.txt to StaticDownloadLinks-*.txt.
hbuhrmester

Postby shawn » 30.12.2016, 01:56

I'm experiencing the same issue. Regardless of what OS options I select, I eventually receive a Download failure for the relevant glb.

I also noticed that if validation is on, it fails to validate wsusscn2.cab, and the cab (whether downloaded via WSUSOU or directly from Microsoft) appears to be missing package.xml. It does, however, contain index.xml.

I'm using the most recent version (although I tried a couple of older versions with the same issue), with all security software disabled.
shawn

Postby Dalai » 30.12.2016, 15:58

@shawn: Run UpdateGenerator as often as necessary, until you get a clean/valid copy of wsusscn2.cab. It's Microsoft's fault as some of their servers have invalid/corrupted copies of this file.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby shawn » 31.12.2016, 02:44

Dalai wrote:@shawn: Run UpdateGenerator as often as necessary, until you get a clean/valid copy of wsusscn2.cab. It's Microsoft's fault as some of their servers have invalid/corrupted copies of this file.

Regards
Dalai

Thank you!

After many (many) failed downloads, I hopped on a VPN and pulled the file "from Australia". Thankfully, it pulled from a different server (finally), and things are going smoothly again.
shawn

Return to Download