Error Downloading W61-x64.Glb

Re: Error Downloading W61-x64.Glb

Postby Dalai » 21.08.2018, 21:56

Actually you shouldn't need to change the URL in the static file because WSUS Offline downloads an updated version of that file. But as I implied above, it can only do so when the modification dates on the server (download.wsusoffline.net) are newer than the ones in the ZIP archive. What I'm trying to say is that correctly extracting the files is enough; no need to change any files.

Anyway, I'm glad that it helped you :).

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby printiq » 14.09.2018, 06:05

Hi,
I have the same problem after downloading from http://download.wsusoffline.net/.
Downloaded it using Google Chrome.
The version says it is 11.4.

I do not understand what you mean by
"it can only do so when the modification dates on the server (download.wsusoffline.net) are newer than the ones in the ZIP archive."

I am not a techie so I did it the old fashion way ie change the URL in the statis file.
Now the the programs runs fully. I am using Windows 8.1.

I do have a concern though that it seems to have downloaded dotnetfx35. My .Net Framework version is 4.7.2
Will it have a problem when I do the installation?

Thanks!
printiq

Postby Dalai » 14.09.2018, 17:46

printiq wrote:I do not understand what you mean by
"it can only do so when the modification dates on the server (download.wsusoffline.net) are newer than the ones in the ZIP archive."

wget performs downloads only when a remote file is newer than the local file. If you extract the WSUS Offline archive the wrong way, the timestamps of all files will be set to the current date/time. As a consequence wget won't download updated static update list files because the local files are newer than the remote files. Since these static list files contain updated URLs for various MS updates (in this case .NET Framework 4.7.2), you won't get them - and WSUS Offline will abort the download process.

So all you need to do is to extract the archive in a way that modification dates are kept, i.e. not set to the current date/time. This works with 7zip and WinRAR, but in my tests it also works with the Explorer thingy (although the Explorer method didn't seem to work for several people).

I hope it's explained clearly now.

I do have a concern though that it seems to have downloaded dotnetfx35. My .Net Framework version is 4.7.2
Will it have a problem when I do the installation?

No. WSUS Offline will download all available updates for the software you select, but it will only install those that are required on your system.

PS: It doesn't matter how you download the WSUS Offline archive (Browser, wget, Download Manager), but it's important how you extract it.

Regards
Dalai
Dalai

Postby rubles04 » 11.02.2019, 11:30

It's also 7zip is working on me to use when it comes to extracting the files...
rubles04

Previous

Return to Download