o2k3 & o2k7 ISO creation in one session

o2k3 & o2k7 ISO creation in one session

Postby Jeremy » 05.02.2013, 04:57

Hello, excuse me if this is a question with an obvious or generally known answer ... but I don't know it!

I look after my family's computers, ranging from wxp to w62-x64 and everything in between. They use among them Office 2003, 2007 and 2010.

I just downloaded updates for o2k3 and o2k7. I did o2k3 first, and got the ofc-enu iso file as expected, as well as, in the Client folder, the ofc and o2k3 folders.

Then I downloaded o2k7. That added o2k7 in the client folder again as expected. But instead of adding a new iso file with a name referencing o2k7, there is still just the one office iso showing in the iso folder, i.e. ofc-enu.

The size of that iso file, about 1.2GB, seems to be approximately the sum of ofc (636MB), o2k3 (117MB) and o2k7 (352MB) in the Client folder.

So my question is, was the iso that was created as a result of my downloading o2k3, overwritten/replaced by a new single iso file which now includes both o2k3 and o2k7, after I had downloaded the o2k7 updates?

Thank you for an outstanding service. Words fail me when I try to describe to people what an incredibly useful, powerful, accurate, thorough and professional service wsusoffline is.

Jeremy.
Jeremy

Re: o2k3 & o2k7 ISO creation in one session

Postby Gerby » 05.02.2013, 10:51

Hello Jeremy, and welcome to the forum!

Jeremy wrote:So my question is, was the iso that was created as a result of my downloading o2k3, overwritten/replaced by a new single iso file which now includes both o2k3 and o2k7, after I had downloaded the o2k7 updates?

The short answer: yes!

The a little more verbose one: WSUS Offline Update handles all Office versions as a single "product", because the catalog for dynamic determination of Office updates doesn't allow a real separation. Therefore, all dynamically determined updates are going into the ofc folder. The version-specific folders like o2k3 only contain static updates, e.g. service packs.

Greetings
Gerby
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Re: o2k3 & o2k7 ISO creation in one session

Postby Jeremy » 05.02.2013, 13:15

Thanks Gerby, great response.
Cheers,
Jeremy
Jeremy

Return to Download