[submit] setup program of 7.3.2 version of wsusoffline

[submit] setup program of 7.3.2 version of wsusoffline

Postby cdumdum » 11.06.2012, 17:41

Hello Everyone
I'm a new user of wsus offline and i wanted to give my little contribution to that project, i did'nt see a setup of this prog so i have make one with inno setup
I submit this setup program of wsusoffline update 7.3.2 which include the Automatic Update of WSUS OU v. 0.8 (i don't success to get the 0.9, i don't understand how to)
this setup was made with innosetup 5.4.3, the archive contain the iss script and the setup

zip file (Moderator: Removed download link and inserted provided Inno-Setup script as text.)

wsusoffline.iss
Code: Select all
; Script generated by the Inno Setup Script Wizard.
; SEE THE DOCUMENTATION FOR DETAILS ON CREATING INNO SETUP SCRIPT FILES!

#define MyAppName "Wsus offline update"
#define MyAppVersion "7.3.2"
#define MyAppPublisher "Torsten Wittrock"
#define MyAppURL "http://www.wsusoffline.net/"
#define MyAppExeName "UpdateGenerator.exe"

[Setup]
; NOTE: The value of AppId uniquely identifies this application.
; Do not use the same AppId value in installers for other applications.
; (To generate a new GUID, click Tools | Generate GUID inside the IDE.)
AppId={{F9DC077F-3253-487F-AB93-C197797ED2D3}
AppName={#MyAppName}
AppVersion={#MyAppVersion}
;AppVerName={#MyAppName} {#MyAppVersion}
AppPublisher={#MyAppPublisher}
AppPublisherURL={#MyAppURL}
AppSupportURL={#MyAppURL}
AppUpdatesURL={#MyAppURL}
DefaultDirName={pf}\{#MyAppName}
DefaultGroupName={#MyAppName}
AllowNoIcons=yes
LicenseFile=lgpl.txt
OutputBaseFilename=setup_wsusoffline_update
Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=yes
VersionInfoVersion={#MyAppVersion}
VersionInfoCompany={#MyAppPublisher}
VersionInfoProductName={#MyAppName}
VersionInfoProductVersion={#MyAppVersion}
DisableStartupPrompt=False
LanguageDetectionMethod=none
;in the line below, change the path name by the path where your source is located
SourceDir=c:\users\azerty\Desktop\wsus
;in the line below, change the path name by the path where your will put the setup program
OutputDir=c:\users\azerty\Desktop
AlwaysUsePersonalGroup=True

[Languages]
Name: "english"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Default.isl"
Name: "french"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\French.isl"
Name: "Deutsh"; MessagesFile: "compiler:Languages\German.isl"

[Tasks]
Name: "desktopicon"; Description: "{cm:CreateDesktopIcon}"; GroupDescription: "{cm:AdditionalIcons}"; Flags: unchecked
Name: "quicklaunchicon"; Description: "{cm:CreateQuickLaunchIcon}"; GroupDescription: "{cm:AdditionalIcons}"; Flags: unchecked

[Files]
Source: "wsusoffline\UpdateGenerator.exe"; DestDir: "{app}\wsusoffline"; Flags: ignoreversion; Permissions: users-full
Source: "WSUSOU-Update\Updater.exe"; DestDir: "{app}\WSUSOU-Update"; Flags: ignoreversion; Permissions: users-full
Source: "*"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion createallsubdirs recursesubdirs; Permissions: users-full
Source: "wsusoffline\doc\faq-enu.txt"; DestDir: "{app}\wsusoffline\doc"; Flags: ignoreversion isreadme; Languages: english french
Source: "wsusoffline\doc\faq-deu.txt"; DestDir: "{app}\wsusoffline\doc"; Flags: ignoreversion isreadme; Languages: Deutsh
; NOTE: Don't use "Flags: ignoreversion" on any shared system files

[Icons]
Name: "{group}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\wsusoffline\{#MyAppExeName}"
Name: "{group}\{cm:ProgramOnTheWeb,{#MyAppName}}"; Filename: "{#MyAppURL}"
Name: "{group}\{cm:UninstallProgram,{#MyAppName}}"; Filename: "{uninstallexe}"
Name: "{group}\{cm:UpdateProg,{#MyAppName}}"; Filename: "{app}\WSUSOU-Update\Updater.exe"
Name: "{userappdata}\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\{#MyAppExeName}"; Tasks: quicklaunchicon
Name: "{userdesktop}\{#MyAppName}"; Filename: "{app}\wsusoffline\{#MyAppExeName}"; Tasks: desktopicon

[Run]
Filename: "{app}\WSUSOU-Update\Updater.exe"; Flags: nowait postinstall runascurrentuser skipifsilent; Description: "{cm:UpdateProg2,{#StringChange(MyAppName, '&', '&&')}}"

[CustomMessages]
english.UpdateProg=Update %1
french.UpdateProg=Mise à jour de %1
Deutsh.UpdateProg=Update der %1
english.UpdateProg2=%1 application's update, %nthen launch of  this one.
french.UpdateProg2=Mise à jour de %1, %npuis lancement de celui-ci.
Deutsh.UpdateProg2=Update der %1, %ndann starten Sie es.

[Messages]
english.UninstalledMost=Some elements could not be removed. %nThese can be removed manually.
Deutsh.UninstalledMost=Enkele elementen konden niet verwijderd worden. %nDeze kunnen handmatig verwijderd worden
french.UninstalledMost=Certains éléments n'ont pas pu être supprimés automatiquement. %nVous pouvez les supprimer manuellement.

[Dirs]
Name: "{app}\wsusoffline"; Permissions: users-full
Name: "{app}\WSUSOU-Update"; Permissions: users-full

[InstallDelete]
Type: dirifempty; Name: "{app}"

[Code]
procedure DeinitializeUninstall();
var
  ErrorCode: Integer;
begin
  if DirExists (ExpandConstant('{app}')) then
    if MsgBox(SetupMessage(msgUninstalledMost), mbInformation, MB_OK) = IDOK then
    ShellExec('', ExpandConstant('{win}\explorer.exe'),ExpandConstant('/e, "{app}"'), '', SW_SHOW, ewNoWait, ErrorCode);
end;

thanks for the further comments

Cyril

PS : is it possible for the dev to apply a manifest file to allow wsus offline granting privilege on the windows vista ans seven system ? will be more secure instead apply full user privilege righys to the file and folder, that i have to do in the setup.
cdumdum

Re: [submit] setup program of 7.3.2 version of wsusoffline

Postby Gerby » 12.06.2012, 08:36

Hello Cyril, and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for your efforts.

One formality at first: These days it is not a good idea to provide an executable for download if people don't know you and didn't have the chance to check your trustworthiness yet. Therefore I removed the download link from your post, but inserted the Inno Setup script, so interested readers can still reconstruct the setup.

About your idea: It's always a nice idea to make life with a software package easier. In this case I'm not sure if this is the right approach for the target group of WSUS Offline Update. In my opinion those are administrators who know, or even more precisely, want to know what happens. They like to be flexible with their tools, and in my opinion an installer would confine this flexibility.

About elevated rights for the installer: WSUS Offline Update must be run from a directory where the current user has write access. It wouldn't make sense to install it into the Programs Files branch, for example. Therefore elevated rights are not needed.

Just a few general remarks from my side.

Greetings
Gerby
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Return to Download