[solved] BUG .NET Dutch

[solved] BUG .NET Dutch

Postby marc » 19.04.2012, 08:51

Similar to a bug report last year, where German is downloaded instead of Dutch, the same behavior happens with .NET: the language packs are the wrong ones.

The script has downloaded dotNetFx40LP_Full_x86_x64de.exe and dotnetfx35langpack_x86de.exe instead of their dutch (nl) equivalents.
marc

Re: BUG .NET Dutch

Postby harry » 19.04.2012, 09:21

Welcome marc!

Please see ...\doc\faq-enu.txt:
Q: I miss IEx, .NET and MSSE installation files for my language. Why aren't they downloaded and what can I do to have them downloaded?
A: Since Service Packs and updates for Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2008(R2) are multilingual, there's no 24-language selection table for these platforms, so by default, only the English and German versions of those localized installation packages for IEx, .NET and MSSE will be downloaded.
To have your favorite locale(s) downloaded in addition, you may use the ...\cmd\AddCustomLanguageSupport.cmd script.

Run the following command (from your WSUSOU directory) once and start again UpdateGenerator.exe:
Code: Select all
.\cmd\AddCustomLanguageSupport nld

p.s.: Delete the files ...\client\md\hashes-dot*.txt and ...\client\md\hashes-msse.txt before running UpdateGenarator.exe again, if it was started already today (because of "same day rule")!
harry

Postby marc » 19.04.2012, 09:36

I feel ashamed now by not reading the FAQ ... :oops:
marc

Postby Denniss » 19.04.2012, 10:39

marc wrote:I feel ashamed now by not reading the FAQ ... :oops:
No problem - you are not the first and you'll no be the last. It's fairly common to ignore FAQ or manuals, I even do this myself.
Denniss

Return to Download