[?] Updates not found, not downloading?

[?] Updates not found, not downloading?

Postby Raitpngman » 03.04.2012, 04:03

I'm using 7.3 and when I run the downloader it seems to run fine. When I run the computer updater it gives me multiple "Warning: update kb*... not found". It looks like it hasn't downloaded any updates since January. Any ideas on how to get it to update now? I've deleted all the hash files in client.md already.
Raitpngman

Re: Updates not found, not downloading?

Postby Denniss » 03.04.2012, 11:34

Any warning messages in the command window during download attempts or anythin in the log file in the \log subfolder?
Did you select the proper OS and language in the download generator?
Do you have M$ Office installed but did not select Office in the Update generator?

Which KB numbers are shown as missing?
Denniss

Re: [?] Updates not found, not downloading?

Postby Raitpngman » 21.04.2012, 04:53

I just tried to run it again and I'm getting different problems now.

downloads:
Everything seems to download fine. No errors in command window and a message comes up saying that everything completed successfully. In the log file I get a line entry saying "File system does not support streams." Other than that everything seems like normal entries. I'm running this from windows 7 home premium with the files on a mapped network drive. I have everything checked for english in windows and office. I do not verify files.

Installs:
When it goes through it's installs, it says the following updates "Warning: Update kb.... not found".
kb2510690, kb2597170, kb2668562
Then it fails with an error stateing "ERROR: File ..\w61\glb\index.php@redirurl not found"
Raitpngman

Re: [?] Updates not found, not downloading?

Postby boco » 22.04.2012, 02:29

kb2510690 - This is Office 2010 SP1. Did you select the option to include Service Packs?
kb2597170 - Update for Visio Viewer, no idea on that one.
kb2668562 - Update for MS Silverlight. AFAIK Silverlight updates are NOT included in WSUSOU.

Then it fails with an error stateing "ERROR: File ..\w61\glb\index.php@redirurl not found"
Confusing error messages like this one can happen if your ISP or DNS provider utilizes a search or redirect page in case webpages or other online resources cannot be found (404). One example of a DNS provider doing this is OpenDNS.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Return to Download