My experience with using this tool

My experience with using this tool

Postby jonedved » 23.06.2016, 05:24

Hallo,

Vor allem - vielen Dank fuer diese Tool!

It's really great ideal and nicely done too. I have found this by accident and it save me some stress. However I hit some issues while using it - and I thought I can share it here. Let me know if you need some more information or logs files - if you want to check it in more detail.

I used version from 17.06.2016 (Version 10.6.3). Downloaded all the updates last night and run the client install on the same day.

The target system was Windows 7 64-bit Pro SP1 *KOREAN* (I was expecting some issues, because it's not possible to support all the languages...)

I downloaded multi-language W7-64bit.

1. IE11 Korean didn't download (I understand that you can't download for every language. Anyway I downloaded manually and placed in the correct folder). Same with Security essentials and definitions.
2. I chose automatic reboot. The wuatemp user was created. However, after reboot it didn't login automatically, so that doesn't seem to work for me for some reason. Always had to login manually.
3. At some point, the tool is trying to STOP and START the wuauserv service. This always times out. It says it never reaches STOPPED state and can't be started. Not sure what is the impact of this...
4. It seems like after many reboots and many hours, everntually the tool finished. But it never cleaned up. After every reboot the updateclient starts again and again...

Has anyone hit similar problems? I did a scan thru the forums, but can't find a match.

Kind regards,
Josef
jonedved

Re: My experience with using this tool

Postby harry » 23.06.2016, 11:32

jonedved wrote:1. IE11 Korean didn't download (I understand that you can't download for every language. Anyway I downloaded manually and placed in the correct folder). Same with Security essentials and definitions.

Welcome Josef!

Please see .\doc\faq-enu.txt:
.\doc\faq-enu.txt wrote:Q: I miss IEx, .NET, MSSE and WLE installation files for my language. Why aren't they downloaded and what can I do to have them downloaded?
A: Since Service Packs and updates for Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2008(R2) are multilingual, there's no 24-language selection table for these platforms, so by default, only the English and German versions of those localized installation packages for IEx, .NET, MSSE and WLE will be downloaded.
To have your favorite locale(s) downloaded in addition, you may use the ...\cmd\AddCustomLanguageSupport.cmd script.

Code: Select all
AddCustomLanguageSupport kor
harry

Return to Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous