RSS feed from download.wsusoffline.net

Re: RSS feed from download.wsusoffline.net

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 02.11.2010, 17:18

Well, in my opinion that's a matter of taste.
I like it "as is", but I'll think about, okay?

Thanks & regards
Torsten Wittrock
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator

Cannot subscribe to feed in Opera

Postby Gerby » 02.11.2010, 20:45

Hi!

In Opera (10.64), when I view a web page's feed for the first time, I receive an overview of the current themes in the feed. Then I can decide to subscribe to feed. The feed themes are shown in list form afterwards.

However, this doesn't seem to work with the WSUS feed. When I want to subscribe (corresponding button is pressed, "Abonnieren" in German), nothing happens. The overview page looks like this:
WSUS feed in Opera.png
Current overview of the WSUS feed in Opera
(167.45 KiB) Downloaded 148 times

Are there at this time only the two feed themes as shown in the picture? I'm suspecting that the feed isn't loaded completely. This might be the cause for the faulty behaviour of Opera in this case (just a guess). Haven't seen this on other feeds before.

Greetings
Gerby
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Postby LogicDaemon » 03.11.2010, 09:30

well, I'm able to subscribe to this feed with both Opera and Google Reader. When I click corresponding button, feed appears in the list of Opera feeds.
Opera Version 11.00 internal Build 1045 Platform Win32 System Windows XP
LogicDaemon

Postby Gerby » 03.11.2010, 11:19

Confirmed. The described problem doesn't occur with the developer version of Opera 11. (I tried it in a virtual machine, because this development state is a little to early for everyday use.)
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Postby LogicDaemon » 03.11.2010, 15:25

You may just install it in other directory, Opera uses %APPDATA%\Opera\<install_dir> directory for preferences, so you won't loose anything.
Also, this is great way to run multiple browsers (for logging same sites with different credentials): just install opera one time, then symlink (reparse) Opera directory in program files to another directory (Opera_alt for ex.).
rem: don't act this way with preferences! And if you'll copy them, search-and-replace original path with new path inside .ini files, and don't forget about Local_Settings. Otherwise, Opera will still use some original (not copied) preference files linked from within operaprefs.ini!
LogicDaemon

Postby boco » 03.11.2010, 20:33

The new Opera 11 dev can be ''installed'' as portable.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Postby LogicDaemon » 15.11.2010, 13:09

somehow Google Reader show only "download" item for release 6.6.5, no "Modifications" item.
This is OK for me as I am subscribed to feed43 also, but I don't think that's how this supposed to be.
Attachments
Picture.png
screenshot of the feed in Google Reader
(26.36 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
LogicDaemon

Previous

Return to Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous