UpdateInstaller.au3 Not Present on USB Drive

UpdateInstaller.au3 Not Present on USB Drive

Postby BahtSimpson » 10.10.2013, 20:13

Hi, I have just found and used "WSUS Offline Update" after watching a Youtube video from "Eli the Computer Guy": watch?v=aXAOvbNJYyE.

So I downloaded and used it - no problems, amazing tool!

But I have a question:

In the "WSUS Offline Update 8.6 - Generator" user interface, I selected "Copy updates for selected products into directory:" and specified my 16GB USB drive ("P:\XPUpdates").

Everything worked fine.

I then compared what was in the USB with what was in the "\wsusoffline\client" folder.

They were identical apart from the "\wsusoffline\client" folder had "UpdateInstaller.au3" in it.
This file was not present on the USB.

So I was hoping someone could explain what the purpose of this file is and should it be present on the USB?

Thanks for any help you can give.
BahtSimpson

Re: UpdateInstaller.au3 Not Present on USB Drive

Postby harry » 10.10.2013, 20:31

WSUSOU uses AutoIt for UpdateGenerator and UpdateInstaller. The *.au3 files are the source code for the *.exe versions of these files, therefor the file UpdateInstaller.au3 is not needed on an install-USB-stick.
harry

Re: UpdateInstaller.au3 Not Present on USB Drive

Postby BahtSimpson » 10.10.2013, 22:03

harry wrote:WSUSOU uses AutoIt for UpdateGenerator and UpdateInstaller. The *.au3 files are the source code for the *.exe versions of these files, therefor the file UpdateInstaller.au3 is not needed on an install-USB-stick.

Thank you very much, harry, for your speedy reply. I had a look at the .au3 file and also investigated AutoIt.

I use AutoHotkey a lot for writing macros and I also write a lot of command files, so I found the AutoIt script very interesting. I see AutoIt has its own version of SciTe (SciTE4AutoIt3), just like AutoHotkey has its "SciTE4AutoHotkey".

So I'll be looking into AutoIt to see if I can use it in the future.
BahtSimpson

Return to Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous