Microsoft Update vs. Windows Update

Microsoft Update vs. Windows Update

Postby DWalker07 » 10.09.2013, 02:38

I downloaded updates for Windows 7 x64 on my main computer. I copied the folder to a flash drive, and ran UpdateInstaller.exe on a newly installed Windows 7 system.

When it was done, I opened Windows Update on the new system. I saw that it is not using the "Microsoft Update" version; it's still using *Windows* Update. And the Windows Update screen says "You receive updates: for Windows" rather than "You receive updates: for Windows and other programs from Microsoft Update"

Is there a way to get WSUSOffline to download, and then install, the same updates that make Microsoft Update take over from Windows Update?

Is this related to whether or not I select any Office updates? I did not select those updates in my last test.

Thanks for any info.

David
DWalker07

Re: Microsoft Update vs. Windows Update

Postby WSUSUpdateAdmin » 10.09.2013, 13:37

Hi!

DWalker07 wrote:[...]Is there a way to get WSUSOffline to download, and then install, the same updates that make Microsoft Update take over from Windows Update?

No, sorry, please see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=172 for details.

RTW
WSUSUpdateAdmin
Administrator

Re: Microsoft Update vs. Windows Update

Postby DWalker07 » 12.09.2013, 04:07

OK, I read that topic, although it doesn't say anything about Microsoft Update. It does mention that the computer won't be done with all updates that the Windows Update site will offer, which is fine.

It is still a great timesaver to use when building new systems.

Maybe you could mention somewhere in the documentation that the system doesn't install Microsoft Update (whatever that's technically called).

Thanks.

David
DWalker07

Return to Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous