Including and already downloaded update

Including and already downloaded update

Postby skywalker59 » 04.12.2012, 16:52

Hi all, and thanks for this great tool,

I got a question on how to include to the updates dowloaded by WSUS Offline an update I downloaded before. More clearly, I already downloaded Office 2010 SP1 Fra, and as my internet connection is very slow and unstable (living in Democratic Republic of Congo...) i would like to know if it is possible to include that SP to the files dowloaded by WSUS in order to include it in the iso that will be built.

Thanks for answer,
skywalker59

Re: Including and already downloaded update

Postby harry » 05.12.2012, 00:12

Welcome skywalker59!

That's possible:
...\doc\faq-enu.txt wrote:Q: I already have the latest Service Pack for my selected OS and don't want to have it downloaded again. Can I integrate it into the WSUS Offline Updater somehow?
A: Yes, if the following preconditions are met: First, you have to put the file into the correct directory; for an XP-SP3 English, this would be ".\client\wxp\enu", for example. Additionally, the filename and the size have to match the properties on Microsoft's servers, in this example "WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe" with a size of 331,805,736 bytes. As the download uses "wget" with the "-N" option (timestamping), the local copy also must not be older than the copy on the Microsoft server.

In your case: copy your {x86 Office 2010 SP1 Fra} to ...\client\o2k10\fra\officesuite2010sp1-kb2460049-x86-fullfile-fr-fr.exe; then delete the file ...\client\md\hashes-o2k10-fra.txt (if existing).
Important: You have to mark Include Service Packs for keeping the service pack in your repository, the next time you run UpdateGenerator.exe!

Greetings
harry

Return to Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous