[solved] Updates

[solved] Updates

Postby dani » 27.03.2012, 11:51

Hi, one question, the program from where updated, since the last update that you have the operating system? OR let you down all the operating system updates that you have? I use a WXP SP3. Thank you very much! :roll:

edit: moved to "Miscellaneous" (rednaxela)
dani

Re: Updates

Postby rednaxela » 27.03.2012, 18:15

Hi dani ans welcome to the forum :)

If i understand your question right i try to answer:

independend of the patch-level of your current operating system (the system under wich you are running WSUSOU) the UpdateGenarator will download ALL updates for the product(s) you have selected, this concerns also the SP´s.

For example (Download): if you use XP SP3 (and your installation source also includes SP3) it is the best solution for you to download updates for XP in your language WITHOUT "including Service-Packs" (in the "option" section); if SP3 is NOT encluded in your installation source you should include it.

For Installation / Updating: independend of the patch-level of your system the UpdateInstaller (in the client folder) will install all MISSING updates (if you have downloaded them before ;) )

I hope this affects and answers your question :?:

Greetz
Alexander
Die Mehrheit der Mitglieder dieses Forums hat sich dafür ausgesprochen höflich und respektvoll miteinander umzugehen. Neue Mitglieder werden gebeten diese Entscheidung zu respektieren und sich ebenfalls so zu verhalten ;)
Bin ab und zu mal hier...
rednaxela

Postby boco » 27.03.2012, 19:55

For Installation / Updating: independend of the patch-level of your system the UpdateInstaller (in the client folder) will install all MISSING updates (if you have downloaded them before ;) )
Small addendum: It will download and install all missing security critical updates. Feature and recommended updates are, other than a few exceptions, not included.
Microsoft update catalog: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/
Windows Install media download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
boco

Postby dani » 28.03.2012, 08:23

rednaxela wrote:Hi dani ans welcome to the forum :)

If i understand your question right i try to answer:

independend of the patch-level of your current operating system (the system under wich you are running WSUSOU) the UpdateGenarator will download ALL updates for the product(s) you have selected, this concerns also the SP´s.

For example (Download): if you use XP SP3 (and your installation source also includes SP3) it is the best solution for you to download updates for XP in your language WITHOUT "including Service-Packs" (in the "option" section); if SP3 is NOT encluded in your installation source you should include it.

I hope this affects and answers your question :?:

Greetz
Alexander

Yes, just what I needed to know, thank you very much :D
dani

Return to Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous