"File hash does not match stored value"

"File hash does not match stored value"

Postby si_updates » 17.02.2012, 01:52

Lovely tool, great success so far, until yesterday...

Following 'update Tuesday' I ran UpdateGenerator.exe. This informed me that the program had been updated to 7.3. I installed the update (downloaded the .zip file, extracted it, and copied it into my wsus folder). I ran UpdateGenerator again, this time successfully. I then tried to run UpdateInstaller.exe. It started and began to plug away, but then threw the following error: File has does not match stored value (file: ..\wsus\wsusscn2.cab). I checked the FAQs and the forum and found that hash mismatches can sometimes be cleared up by deleting \client\wsus\wsusscn2.cab (I didn't delete it, but changed the name to wsusscn2.cab.bak). I also noted that the file referenced was in \wsus (not \client\wsus); I changed its filename as well. I ran updategenerator again and it downloaded all the updates again!!!, including service packs!!! (not a real bandwidth saver ... :( ). Oh well, if that's what I needed to do to fix it, I though I should try.

Well, this morning (yes, it spent all day and night downloading; internet is dreadfully slow here in Solomon Islands [which is why I love wsus!]) I ran updateinstaller again and got the same error! at the same place ("verifying integrity of Windows Update catalog file... | hashdeep64.exe: Audit failed").

So I'm at a loss... Any help would be most appreciated,

Paul
si_updates

Re: "File hash does not match stored value"

Postby aker » 17.02.2012, 13:06

Please delete the content of .\client\md\
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby si_updates » 21.02.2012, 07:19

aker wrote:Please delete the content of .\client\md\

And then just run the Installer? or the Generator again? And if I run the Generator again, will it download all updates again?! Or will it just update the 'hashes'? I'm quite clueless about this, but I really don't want to download everything again if I don't have to... Thanks for any help!
si_updates

Postby rednaxela » 21.02.2012, 07:26

The UpdateGenerator! It will download (only) files that are missed in your repositry and rebuild the hashes in \md\ (if you check the option in the generator).
Die Mehrheit der Mitglieder dieses Forums hat sich dafür ausgesprochen höflich und respektvoll miteinander umzugehen. Neue Mitglieder werden gebeten diese Entscheidung zu respektieren und sich ebenfalls so zu verhalten ;)
Bin ab und zu mal hier...
rednaxela

Postby si_updates » 23.02.2012, 04:13

I deleted the contents of \client\md. I ran Generator. It skipped / didn't retrieve a number of updates--just confirmed the hashes. This is good! But then it started to download KB948465 Vista x64 service pack (700+ MB). This is not good! KB948465 exists in both \client\w60-x64\glb and \w60-x64\glb. Why is WSUS trying to download it again?
si_updates

Postby rednaxela » 23.02.2012, 10:34

Maybe the previosly downloaded Vista SP is damaged. Or its timestamp is older than the actual SP stored on the MS server.

During download WSUSOU compares the timestamps of previosly downloaded files with the files on the server. If the files on the server are newer, they will be re-downloaded. This is the only way to make sure that the repositry is really actual.
Die Mehrheit der Mitglieder dieses Forums hat sich dafür ausgesprochen höflich und respektvoll miteinander umzugehen. Neue Mitglieder werden gebeten diese Entscheidung zu respektieren und sich ebenfalls so zu verhalten ;)
Bin ab und zu mal hier...
rednaxela

Postby Denniss » 23.02.2012, 17:57

Or you had set the previous installation set to use the Vista 5-language-Servicepacks but after updating WOU you are back to the vanilla setting to use Vista all-language-Servicepacks.
Denniss

Postby si_updates » 25.02.2012, 03:42

Just to confirm... Do I need to delete the files in \client\md only, or the .cab file in \client\wsus as well? What about the files in \md and the .cab file in \wsus? Leave them? Delete them? I ran through the whole UpdateGenerator thing again yesterday and I'm still having hash errors... Please tell me what files I must remove in order to recreate accurate hash files (pretend I don't know anything! ;) ) Thanks for bearing with me...
si_updates

Postby aker » 25.02.2012, 09:41

Please download this file, unpack it to a new directory and run the script "CompileAutoItScripts.cmd", which is inside the folder "trunk".
Then copy the folders (if they exist) with all files and subfolders
    ./wsus/
    ./dotnet/
    ./cpp/
    ./wddefs/
    ./msse/
    ./win/
    ./md/
    ./wxp/
    ./w2k3/
    ./w2k3-x64/
    ./w60/
    ./w60-x64/
    ./w61/
    ./w61-x64/
    ./client/wsus/
    ./client/dotnet/
    ./client/cpp/
    ./client/wddefs/
    ./client/msse/
    ./client/win/
    ./client/md/
    ./client/wxp/
    ./client/w2k3/
    ./client/w2k3-x64/
    ./client/w60/
    ./client/w60-x64/
    ./client/w61/
    ./client/w61-x64/
of your old WSUSOU to the client folder of the trunk you've downloaded and unpacked.
Then empty the ./client/md/ folder of the trunk and run its UpdateGenerator.
You have to reconfigure UpdateGenerator but that will fix your problem with the File hashes.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby si_updates » 25.02.2012, 21:11

Then copy the folders (if they exist) with all files and subfolders

./wsus/
./w61-x64/
./client/wsus/
./client/w61-x64/

of your old WSUSOU to the client folder of the trunk you've downloaded and unpacked.
Then empty the ./client/md/ folder of the trunk and run its UpdateGenerator.
Thanks, aker. I just want to make sure I get this right: I copy all the folders in the root of my old WSUSOU (./wsus/ through ./w61-x64/) AND in the client subfolder (./client/wsus/ through ./client/w61-x64/) to the ./trunk/client/ folder? :?: Or do I copy the folders from the root of my old WSUSOU (./wsus/ through ./w61-x64/) to the root of ./trunk/ and those in the client subfolder (./client/wsus/ through ./client/w61-x64/) to the ./trunk/client/ folder? :?: Part of my confusion is that I don't know if I'm fixing my current WSUSOU or creating a new one (I suspect I'm making a new one, but I just want to make sure).
You have to reconfigure UpdateGenerator but that will fix your problem with the File hashes.
Does running ./trunk/UpdateGenerator.exe "reconfigure" it, or is there something else I have to do?
Thanks again for your patience.
si_updates

Next

Return to Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous