[solved] How to update updater??

[solved] How to update updater??

Postby tim fitzgerald » 12.01.2012, 04:22

Hi everyone I'm new to the forums and have tried to find an answer to a question but haven't been able to find one. I went through the download process , which was successful , and used the windows 7 updater disk I created . It worked like a charm.
I also burned Vista & xp disks for my for my workshop. My question is this. Now that I have all the disks made how do I update them when new updates and service packs become available? I have a snapshot of all the windows updates up until January 2012. However new updates come along all the time. How do update the updates? Do I download all again and burn new disk's ,or what. Any help would be really appreciated. Tim Fitzgerald
tim fitzgerald

Re: How to update updater??

Postby aker » 12.01.2012, 09:20

If you want to download the newest updates just restart the UpdateGenerator ans redownload the updates.
Old Updates, which are not needed now, will be deleted ans new Updates will be downloaded.
If you want to update your disc use an USB Key or a rewritable disk.
An update-USB Key can be created by using "copy to target".
For updating wsusou itself use -Iwan-'s Trunk downloader.
Here is the link: Download
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby tim fitzgerald » 12.01.2012, 16:23

Thanks for the help. I was just wondering if it will take as long to update as it did to download originally? That was around 9 hours on my dsl. Thanks Tim
tim fitzgerald

Postby aker » 12.01.2012, 16:53

It will be faster because patches you downloaded last run won't be downloaded again.
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten oder an den Meistbietenden versteigern. / Everybody finding a misspelling is allowed to keep or sell it.
aker

WSUS Offline Update „Community Edition“
https://gitlab.com/wsusoffline/wsusoffline/-/releases
aker

Postby tim fitzgerald » 12.01.2012, 16:57

Thanks for your help and time. I understand now. Tim Fitz :P
tim fitzgerald

Return to Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous