Need to edit static files after each WSUS update?

Need to edit static files after each WSUS update?

Postby Lodovik » 22.05.2011, 18:23

First, I must thank you for your great work on this project; it's a must have timesaver!

One thing that annoys me a little is the need to manually edit the static files after each WSUS update to a newer version. Since I use WSUS on french systems, I must always cut and paste between various glb and fra files to have WSUS download the proper files on each Windows version. Do I really need to do this or is there a better way?

At first, I tought that by checking the French options within WSUS the content of the -fra.txt files would be automatically added to the download list but this isn't the case. I searched for some other way to do this but found none. I find tedious to do all those cut and paste each time and I don't understand why WSUS cannot do it automatically.

Also, I would like an option to remove the DEU and ENG files that are not needed for those who don't have to update in these languages. I also manually edit the static files to remove those entries but it's also a tedious process.
Lodovik

Re: Need to edit static files after each WSUS update?

Postby Gerby » 22.05.2011, 20:10

Hello Ludovik and welcome to the forum!

I guess you refer to the downloaded files for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Security Essentials? You can change the download language by running the following command from the cmd directory once:

Code: Select all
AddCustomLanguageSupport.cmd fra

Greetings
Gerby
Mach mit - der Übersichtlichkeit wegen! Füge Log-Auszüge als [Code] ein.
Make it clear! Insert log excerpts as [Code].
Gerby

Re: Need to edit static files after each WSUS update?

Postby Lodovik » 29.05.2011, 22:58

This is what I was looking for. Thanks for your help.
Lodovik

Return to Verschiedenes / Miscellaneous